Thursday, April 10, 2008

Holyshitbloggingtwodaysinarow!

I had a great day today, dammit. And I just want everyone to know.

Times have been really rough for me lately because of rampant injuries, interpersonal relationship stresses, and major financial problems. However, many of those things are looking like they are working out for the good. . . .

Item #1: I got paid today! From three different people who have been owing me money!!

In celebration of me having money with which to buy food, Goro and I went to Sahara Mart where I was able to buy essentials to last me for the rest of the month. I'm still pretty tight financially, but at least I have just enough to buy what I need and to get a hair cut!!!!! I was thrilled. I only got a trim, so no one noticed - but I think my hair looks better. Which is, I suppose, in the grand scheme of things all that matters anyway.

Item #2: It doesn't look like I'll be needing surgery for my left hand!

I gained a lot of mobility with the finger today and the swelling went down. Whew!

Item #3: I sounded like a bad-ass on the trombone for the first time since I hurt my shoulder. And with witnesses even!

Item #4: I. Have. Awesome. Friends. They listen to me whine. They help me solve my actual problems. They cheer me up, buy me a whole package of cupcakes when the vending machine eats my money, take me out for dinner and go out of their way to cart my ass around town. No one has any right to ask for better friends than I have. For reals.

The B.F., Goro, Brover John, and Ken - I present you with this trophy for your awesome friend-itude. Treasure it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment