Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Left Side of My Body is Cursed.

I'm sure of it. As I'm lying here in bed trying to find a sleep position that keeps my left hand above my heart while simultaneously trying not lying on my left shoulder, it occurs to me that everything happens to me on my left side. This has gone back as long as I can remember (with the exception of the 3 side neutral times I cracked my chin open).

Here is a list of all the major problems/injuries I've ever had:
  1. Born with broken left shoulder blade
  2. Scissors dropped in left eye
  3. All skin on left knee removed by falling on a piece of glass.
  4. Hit by a car - broke both bones in lower left leg.
  5. Middle toe on left foot broken by a horse stepping on it.
  6. Improperly done filling causes improperly done root canal causes tooth removal and subsequent tooth replacement on a left molar.
  7. Otoschlerosis on the left side.
There is the history. Noticing a trend? Even minor injuries tend to favor that side!

Here are the things that are currently wrong with me:
  1. Left shoulder messed up from playing too much trombone. (as of 3 weeks ago)
  2. Left foot has 4 inch long cut on sole from slipping in shower. (as of this morning)
  3. Left palm got a knife stuck almost all the way through it while doing dishes. And now it's all swollen and I can't really move my ring finger. (as of this evening)
But in happy news, my right side feels GREAT! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment