Friday, January 26, 2007

I am a terribly lazy and cheap human being. Currently, I could be driving home - enjoying my nice warm apartment and playing Zelda. Or I could be practicing. What am I doing instead? Writing a blog post in the school library to occupy my time until someone with a car shows up on Google Chat that I can coerce into giving me a ride home.
You make ask yourself - "Jen, why don't you just drive yourself home?" Well - I decided that I liked sleep this morning and had to drive to school instead of catching the bus. When this happens, I have to park in the Jordan parking lot to make it to class on time. (I have to leave my apartment about half an hour early as opposed to an hour early to make this happen.) And you see, the Jordan lot charges by the hour. By the time I was able to leave, I had racked up 20 bucks in parking charges. DAMN.
However, I do know that they just open the gates after a certain time (11:00 pm on most days) and you won't have to pay. I know that it is earlier than 11:00 pm on Fridays - but I'm not sure exactly when this is. So, here I am. Wasting precious time because I'm too cheap to leave and too lazy to practice or study scores for my classical history class. I am excellent at this graduate school thing.
***************
In other news related to laziness. I have recently discovered that I am probably the least efficient human being alive.
Here is the event that alerted my attention to this problem:
I was playing Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess the other night while talking to friends on Google chat - which is my favorite form of procrastination. One of my friends happened to ask what I was doing on the Zelda game. It was then that I realized that actually, I was currently trying to get my character to walk backwards in metal boots across the entirety of Hyrule field. For absolutely no reason. What kind of person can't even be productive in a video game?! Here I should be trying to save Hyrule - but NOOOO - I choose to do things like:
  • Trying to walk and change my boots at the same time.
  • Cut all of the grass in Hyrule field.
  • Roll across all of Lake Hylia in metal boots.
  • Look at every picture in every house in every town.
  • Watch the clouds for 20 minutes to see if there are any interesting shapes/changes in the weather.
  • Dive off of a cliff just to see if I am allowed to do it. (Also applies to jumping into lava)
The best part? I've not even defeated the game yet. Good thing no one is really counting on me to save the world. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment