Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Born under the sign of the retarded bureaucrat:
Installment eleventy billion.

The realisation of the fact that you are in a really amazingly bad position financially is never particularly easy to deal with. Especially when it is because of other people's blunders. CONSTANT blunders.

Here is a quick recap for those who were not "in-the-know" about all of the prior happenings.

  1. Truman State University has the worst business office in history. If I was going to firebomb one building in the world - this would be it. While I was at Truman they lost my scholarship information EVERY SEMESTER (excepting one) that I was there.
  2. I have been struggling to get them to keep my Perkins Loan deferment info in a place where they can find it.
  3. They have called a collections agency on me, even though I have sent the deferral 3 times - one of which involved me handing it to them directly AND taking a picture of it. (Guess what they got in the mail with their latest copy of the deferral?)
  4. Collection agency was adverted, and I was told that they would fix my credit report.
So, now for the latest installment of the mess that is my life. At least some good will come of these events as you, my dear readers, can chuckle at them. . . .

I wanted to take a class this summer (Early music history review) to get the thing out of the way. Unfortunately, I need to pay for the class - and some other assorted expenses which I don't have the money for because my personal hell of an apartment is sucking me dry. (More on that later) I found that I could get a PLUS loan if my credit report was good enough. Well, seeing as I am a very responsible person, I happen to have a GREAT credit report. Or so I thought. But as it turns out, my application was denied for two reasons:

1. Although my account on OneStart has me registered for classes and I have been assigned to an ensemble, IU told SallieMae that I was not a summer student. Umm. . . ok?
2. Truman has, miraculously, lost my Perkins Deferral information AGAIN. And reported me to the credit agency - AGAIN. Mind you, you are only supposed to have to submit this once a year . . .

So, I cannot get my PLUS loan until after I figure out what is going on with all of this bureaucratic bullshit. Who knows how long it will take to figure it out this time .

Meanwhile, my personal resources are quickly diminishing. The Oregon audition sucked me pretty dry - so I was really relying on that loan to be coming in sometime in the near future so that I could use the little money I have for things like: a. food - b. deposit on a non-hell-affiliated residence for next year. Now I really don't know what I am going to do. I have always been able to barely circumvent total financial Armageddon - hopefully history will repeat itself in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment