Monday, May 28, 2007

Two Quick Items of Business:

1. I almost hit two separate deer in completely different places on my way home at midnight. The fates are trying to get me, I think. Thank God for quick reaction times!


2. I found this advertisement for a movie on the "Simply Recipes" website. I was really struck by the sheer uselessness of the ad. Just who, precisely, do they think will be enticed to see this movie? A picture of a crying woman being hugged by another person (presumably female) - does not in and of itself tempt me to watch this movie. In addition, I've never heard of any of the actresses and as a final nail in the coffin of taste, the bottom of the ad is an annoying bright blue color with nothing on it. I'm presuming that they paid for this ad. I have some advice for the producers of this film. Fire. Your. Publicist.

I propose the following plot for this movie: (To be read with the movie trailer announcer guy's voice while imagining epic music in the back ground)


"Enter a post-apocalyptic world. A world where an alliance of fluffy bunnies rule the world with an iron fist . . . of blood. One middle aged woman is all that stands between the last stronghold of human beings and total xenocide. She has nothing to lose. This time . . . it's personal. GRACIE. (In theaters everywhere June 1)."

Thanks to friend Sara for helping with the movie plot. :)

1 comment:

  1. I deny everything.

    I may have suggested writing the story. And maybe the fluffy bunnies.

    But I deny everything else.

    ReplyDelete